Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fashion Industry + Amy= a good laugh

Working in "fashion" can be terrible. Terrible for people like me. The one who would rather NOT put on a dress all day and worry about voice inflections. The one who's biggest choice of the day would rather be "which one of my pairs of jeans smell the least?" The one who is married to her books, music, and the occasional episode of Glee.

With the new plunge into the "fashion" (bridal fashions, that is), I think I spend most of my time trying not to look like a complete fool. I mean, have you ever heard me on the phone? How about trying to count the number of times I speak too fast for my brain? It gets a little excessive. Or going down the stairs at work? Instead of the normal person who is thinking 2 thoughts ahead of where they're at, I however am counting each step, wanting it to be over, and hoping that I don't fall down the remaining ones (in my mere 1 inch heels); all the while trying to hold a conversation with whatever customer I have following behind me (and let's not get started on my fear that the person behind me fall down, thus making me fall down).

Making sure I don't say the trigger word for a bride which makes her go crazy. Or worse....her mother. It's true what they say you know, the legends about moms and their daughters during the wedding planning phase. If you have to ask about the legends, you're too naive to know...

And now, 2 months later, I'm running out of makeup, I've worn enough black to last me lifetime, and I'm getting sores on my feet from the heels I now wear. Where is the justice? Where is my fishing pole? Why can't I be 10 again? How many times do I have to say something stupid for me to learn my lesson?

But in these times, I remember: "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Cor 12:9

0 comments:

 

Blogger