Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How He Loves Us...

I feel guilty a lot. When I don't live my entire life for Him, I feel guilt. The guilt comes when I try to come to Him with it. It's like I expect for Him to say to me "You know what Amy, I hear the same thing every time you come to me with your sin. The same thing, and yet no change. I'm sorry but I just don't love you as much because you refuse to give everything to Me." Like He's mad at me. It's this distorted view of God that Satan uses to get under my sin, to make me not come before God with everything because I'm afraid of what He'll think. I don't think I could be any farther from the truth...

I was browsing some videos on youtube when things came to David Crowder. I clicked on How He Loves Us because it's one of my favorite videos of theirs. The song started playing and I started weeping. Weeping because God allowed me to see just how much He loves me in that instant. I can't think of the Father's love without crying, because sometimes I don't feel worthy of that love. When I was listening to the song, it's like Jesus wrapped His arms around me and whispered in my heart that what I am is all He wants and is all He loves and nothing I will ever do will separate me from His love. It's like Pastor Chet spoke of last week, Jesus Christ wants to set us free. He knows we're going to mess up, and He loves us anyway. It's beautiful. The power of Christ in my life is beautiful, and sometimes I just need to be reminded that Jesus loves me.

David Crowder "How He Loves"

0 comments:

 

Blogger