Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Dilemma...

The Dilemma: I have goals and ambitions to start my own wedding planning business. It's going to be great because I know I'm going to be great at it. But you see, to do that, you need experience in order to get hired. And I wouldn't say planning 2 receptions and 1 wedding is enough for that.
There are two ways to get experience, and the first if preferred. The first would be to work/intern for someone who plans wedding and glean as much as you can from them. This would be ideal because this is the kind of environment I thrive in and learn the most from. Hands on. Shove a book in front of my face and it doesn't stick. Same problem I had in college.
The second way would be to get a wedding planning certificate from an accredited school. Again, not my first choice because while you can read and be taught so much from a classroom, there are so many things you pick up on during on the job training that you could never learn in a classroom, even from the best teacher.

So herein lies the problem: I don't have anyone with which I could work/intern for in order to learn everything I would like to. I can't afford a volunteer position because while I do still live at home to save money, I do in fact need to...save money. No job, no saving money, no work....and you get the picture. The choice of getting certified could be my other option but hey, these things cost money. $560 at Broward College (and I always promised myself I would never go back) or I could pay $1,300 elsewhere...

FANTASTIC....

So I'm a little stuck. How do you get a job with no experience since no one will hire you because you don't have experience but you can't get experience without said job?

**ORGANS FOR SALE!! MAYBE A KIDNEY?? I HAVE 2!!.......**

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK! FIRST, i came across your blog and kept reading till i got to this post and in my mind all along i was thinking of the certificate program on interior decorating and how i shod go to BC and get it. Then i read this part and lmao!!! I don't want to go back there but at that price i would (my only problem is committing to actually sitting down for 4hrs every sat and take d class) am sure it will be worth it so i say close ur eyes and go do it!!!! _ChloƩ_

 

Blogger