Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's exhausting

Doing anything the right way can be exhausting. Purely. Exhausting. Budgeting, eating right, being a christian. All of it. Probably because it requires all you. Requires you to sacrifice yourself to gain something more, which is not something that the flesh wants to do.

Let's look at budgeting......let's be honest here, it sucks. Straight up. Being honest with yourself and your terrible habits and then cutting those habits in half? Takes sacrifice. Being careful with EVERY cent and knowing where all your money is going? Ridiculous, yet necessary and beneficial. I've only been at this for 2 weeks and I'm already tired.

Eating right? I don't think I have to look at that very closely. This is denying your flesh and the "need" for unhealthy foods and replacing it with things you wouldn't choose directly.

Being a christian. If anyone ever told you that being a christian is easy, they are lying to your face. Because it's not. What does it require of you? Everything. It requires you to sacrifice everything and run in the opposite direction of what the world tells you to be like. Cutting loose the sins that bog you down and keep you from righteousness hurts. In some cases, it leaves a scar. For me, it requires me to get up very early to spend some time with Jesus. And no one wants to do that. It also requires me to be a leader, an example, and a mentor, which as the title of this blog suggests, is exhausting. But I can't complain because when I look at the scars on the hands of Jesus, the fight with my flesh looks silly. My "sacrifices" are fleshly, my Jesus' meant eternal redemption through His blood.

So I can get through this. Being an adult, doing things the right way, walking in His faithfulness. Though exhausting at times...worth it. Totally. Worth. It.

0 comments:

 

Blogger