Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reading List...

So I'm reading this book "Do Hard Things" written by two 19 year old kids. It's pretty inspirational. Of course, I'm no longer a teenager but that does not mean that I can't inflict change.
In the beginning of the book, the boys describe how their father slammed a large pile of books in front of their face in the beginning of their 16th summer. He said, "read it before the summer it done." it seemed daunting yet not impossible. These were substantial books, some I have read, many I have not. It got me thinking...when was the last time I read a substantial book? I'm not talking Harry Potter or another fictional book (which i do love by the way), I'm talking about substantial books that would get me thinking, or the classics that I had so vehemently ignored when I was in high school.

Therefore, I am putting together a reading list. Books that I want to read before I die. I want to start in the summer because that seems to be the only time when I will HAVE time to read. Please let me know of any if you so think. I'll begin with some of the ones that these boys read during their 16th summer:

The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell
The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris
Total Truth by Nancy Pearcey
The Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Green
Blog by Hugh Hewitt
The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Crime and Punishment
Pride and Predjudice

 

Blogger