Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Being eclectic, being me

I'm an eclectic person. I don't like consistency because consistency is boring to me. Sean Dougherty told me my iTunes library was awesome. When I asked him why, he said because it's so different; that there is such a variety of music. I guess that's true. And as I thought about it further, I realized that nothing about me is black or white. While this makes decision making considerably more difficult, I think it provides for more of an opportunity to see things from a different light. I mean, if someone were to put my ipod on shuffle and leave it alone for a while, one would hear many different things. You could go from Michael Jackson, to Norah Jones, to Green Day in a span of 10 minutes. It's always different; like me.

You know those personality tests you always took when you were in middle school? The ones that you would put on your livejournal (yea, that's right, I had a livejournal). It seems like every one of those tests always had something like "Are you a happy person?" or "What's your favorite color?" I could never answer those questions truthfully because things always changed. I dunno, I'm a generally happy person, but there are those days. And as for the favorite color question, well that's just dumb because there are so many wonderful colors out there, how can you pick just one? That's how I look at life. How can I be in a career that does the same things every day when there are so many wonderful opportunities where you can learn something new from people you've never met before? This is why I'm not cut out for retail. God bless those who are in retail full time, because they have a special calling on their life. To me, retail is the same thing every day, and if I had to do the same thing every day for the rest of my life, I probably wouldn't have a soul in all honesty. It's one of the reasons I've picked wedding planning. Aside from it being wonderful, it's also never the same. No two weddings are the same, no two people, no two mother's of the brides. Every one is different and every one has the ability to teach you something if you're just willing to watch for it. Each day, God has something different to teach me; but if I close my ears to what He has to say, and just keep doing my thing, then how can I know Him? "Be still and know that I am God." One of my favorite verses. Be still and listen, watch, hear. Listen for the chance to learn something new; use every opportunity you have to hear others, hear their stories, and learn from them.

0 comments:

 

Blogger