Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Camp-6th year

We just got back from middle school camp. This was my 6th year doing it. It's a little ridiculous. In some ways it was one of the more frustrating ones but overall, it really was one of the best years. God was completely in control, and this made everything go so much better. "my strength is made perfect in weakness" was my theme, and apparently was the theme of the worship team. There were so many times when I was weak and really not sure of what to do or how to get it done and God showed up. I feel like the reins were let go so much and we were really able to see the splendor of Jesus.

The enemy did try and attack, through not only the students but also in relationships between leaders. I realized just how much satan uses my insecurities to try and eliminate the joy I get from what I do. I feel like so much of the time, I was rebuking the enemy, refusing to let him have a foothold in camp. When I screw up with something, I let satan move in and influence my thoughts. I think it has something to do with one of my strengths being responsibility. When I have a responsibility, I do everything I can to make it run smoothly. However, I am human, and mess things up quite a bit, and when I do, I feel guilty, and have to make sure I fix the situation. I have a hard time taking compliments but I can take critiques all too easily.
To everyone to went to camp and helped, I am so thankful. You guys really were the best and are the ones who deserve the credit. Thank you, thank you, thank you. If I opened my mouth without realizing what was coming out of it, I'm sorry. I hope I encouraged more though.

If you read this Bobby, I am so proud of you. You had the leadership needed to take the worship team to that level of excellence and I can't help but smile when I see you lead worship.

I don't know what else to say except for thank you and that I had some of best fun I've had in years! Life is a highway, Faithfully, being "Boss", and traps will all stick in my mind forever. Love you all :)

1 comments:

Joel.de.Sousa said...

whats the "traps" one?

P.S. i like the Boss one

 

Blogger