Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Observational talk

  • I love watching people save face. Fancy term I learned in sociology. Like when you're walking down the road, or more importantly, when you're walking down the breezeway of FAU and you realize that you're walking in the complete opposite direction of where you need to go. No one really stops and completely turns around and starts walking. No, we have to check our watch, maybe some piece of paper we have in our hand, or perhaps fake a phone call, just so that the people around us that are watching know that we aren't crazy and don't just stop walking and turn around for no reason. Try it some time....it's awkward. 
  • I hate having the remote in a room full of people watching tv. It's that pressure of, how do I please everyone? I think that's when the channel goes to discovery channel or TLC. Because there you can find entertainment that is neutral. A good episode of dirty jobs is a place to start. I don't want to put on a show that I love, but then have that pressure of wondering if others like it too, and will they understand why this show is so awesome?
  • Learning cursive is completely pointless. Also Algebra 2
  • I have a hard time figuring out the line between "I'm bored" and "I'm hungry"
  • How many times is it appropriate to say "what?" before you just not and smile when you can't hear what someone is saying?
  • Jeans never get dirty, you can wear them forever
  • I hate the heart dropping feeling of thinking you're gunna die after you tip your chair back a little too far
  • When a tag for something says "Do not machine wash", that usually means I won't ever wash it
  • How did we ever figure out to blow in the Nintendo cartridges as a kid? word of mouth? It's not like there was readily available internet where we could "google" it. I don't know about you, but when I had the 15 minutes of internet time in which no phone call could be received to the house because the internet was hooked up, you better believe I wasn't looking up "ways to make my video game work."
  • There's usually a point in your work day when you establish whether or not you're going to be productive that day. 
  • One of the things I hate is knowing that the next day, I have off work but my parents don't, only to wake up that morning to my dad out in the living room playing with his airplanes...
  • I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

0 comments:

 

Blogger